Monday, November 08, 2004

Borealis in the Sky

I came home about 1:15a this morning and stepped out of the car. In the sky were streaks of gray caressing the heavens. I took a broader look around and suddenly noticed the lights of the Aurora Borealis. It was amazing! Like a painting in the sky. Then on the northern horizon was a dancing, swirling line of greens, and sometimes violets, moving about quickly. I was kinda scared at first, standing out on the middle of the street, with no one around, with only a few areas lit up by the street lamps. I didn't think anyone was up anyways. Moments later, I got a call from my bro, Jon, and he was outside watching the lights too. Apparently, he was also kinda scared so he came by and we walked toward the darker area in my neighborhood to experience the full force of the lights. I have honestly never seen the Borealis in Wisconsin in all the years I've lived here. I didn't even know they came this low in our hemisphere. It's something I'll remember always because I can now recall my thoughts whilst watching the Borealis. I can imagine that one without technology and knowledge of these lights would think this a message of God but for today, it gave me a re-realization of how small we are in the universe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Fei's bro, Jon. I saw the northern lights with Fei and they were AWESOME. Never seen anything like it before. I have a feeling that being here in Wisconsin, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

12:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

I've only seen them once and it was in the northern part of Wisconsin. I'm mad becuase I was up around 2am and didn't look outside! It sure makes you feel small, and physically broadens your scope of vision if they are spread over the whole sky. It truely is one of nature's most amazing sights.
~Laura

8:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw the lights last night also. all i gotta say is wow. i felt small in the vast expanse of our universe. the term means nothing to me because i cannot even fathom how great it is. praise God, his creation is amazing.

fei, you rock too.

stephen

9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home