Friday, December 03, 2004

A Critique of Alliteration in Iambic Pentameter

I had a few hours of sleep last night before getting up and writing a paper. When I had finished, it was already early morning and if I had slept, there would be no waking up for class. So, I went down to the UW SWAP shop to pick up a few computers that I intend for Christmas gifts. After my Greek Painting class, I dropped Stephanie off at work just in time for Arts of Japan. Once class got out, I had never felt more ready for a nap and fancied this critique on alliteration.


'tis the time for fei to hit the hay, hey?
friendly follies await a solemn sway.


[fei is pronounced faye]
As you can see, the verse is a couplet in meter, consisting of sets of successive words that begin with the same letter.

For more information:
alliteration
couplet
iambic pentameter

And it's now time to regress to a place where dreams are made.

If I were a Penguin, I'd lounge around all day in a tux. If only I were a Penguin.

If I were a Penguin, I'd lounge around all day in a tux.
If only I were a Penguin....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home