Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Void

Late Monday night (Tuesday morning), I had stayed at work a little longer past my shift. Before I was about to leave, I noticed a stillness in the air. There was the normal sound of computers humming, air blowing from the ventilators, and there was not a single soul around. As I was heading out the door, I noticed the janitor sitting down all quiet, thinking to himself, not making any movements. His older face was in locked concentration. I usually say a friendly hello to him but I didn't want to interrupt his stare. When I left the building, I got into my car and started to drive home. Looking out the window I became aware of my surroundings. Everything from the buildings to the trees seemed darker than normal, all dimly lit by the street lights of the road. No one was out nor was there a car moving on the street. I felt like I had entered some void out of space and time. Distances grew short. Time had slowed. It was a world more imagination than reality; atleast the reality that I knew. I headed home as fast as I could and the moment I stepped into the door, the phenomenon ended just as quickly and I fell back into the world.

In one moment, I desperately tried to capture my thoughts of events just passed:

What happened?
Is there more to this world?
I must free my mind.
LET ME OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home