Thursday, November 25, 2004

A Thanksgiving Story

Now that Thanksgiving is here, I can't help but be reminded about year's end. In the year 2004, the Year of the Monkey, there is plenty to give thanks for.

Thank you:
Mom and Dad, for being my parents.
Diana, for being my sister and putting up with me.
Jon, my bro, for being there.
David, for getting me ready for the Real World.
Sarah, for inspiring me to do good.
Max and Mollie, for getting married in Vegas and introducing me to Rockstars!
Stephanie, for your guidance.

Hoofers Sailing Club, for sailing with me this summer.
UW Kendo Club and Kiyota Sensei, for teaching me the way of the sword.
Finally, my Green Team Family who have stuck with me for all these years.
...and to All that I don't mention here.

On this Thanksgiving Day, it reminds me of the importance of family and the company you keep. Three years ago, my Grandfather died a week before Thanksgiving and my parents went back to China to mourn his passing. My sister stayed with my aunt and cousins and I remained on campus alone. For Thanksgiving, HD Green Teamers Josh, Michael, and Kristie had all invited me in for a Thanksgiving meal. Since John Henry didn't get a ride home to spend time with his family, we both went to Michael's house and spent Thanksgiving lunch with the Sidell's. After turkey and a fulfilling meal, we watched the Green Bay Packers crush the Detroit Lions. I had a great time and was most thankful to spend my Thanksgiving with such caring people. Even though I had only known Michael and John for a few months from work, in this moment, I had adopted the loving nature of the family I call Green Team. For what they have given me, I would give them my all.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Remember the ones you care about and thank them; this is the time to do so.



Learning to Fly by Foo Fighters

We live happily ever trapped
If you just save my life
Run and tell the angels
That everything's all right

I'm looking to the sky to save me
Looking for a sign of life
Looking for something help me burn out bright

I'm looking for complications
Looking cos I'm tired of tryin'
Make my way back home
When I learn to fly high

Make my way back home
When I learn to fly....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day Bro!!! Ur the bestest bro in the whole wide world and thanks for ALWAYS bein there for me! Ur a lil crazy at times and let's not forget stuboorn but we all learn to put up wit u cuz ur still awesome! Well, have a nice Thanksgiving and TAKE THAT PIC OFF THE INTERNET...NOW!!!

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home