Thursday, December 16, 2004

The Beginning of the End

Tonight was Professor Cahill's final exam. The last few days were spent in the Kohler Art Library at the Elvehjem Museum studying Greek Pottery. I had essentially crammed half of a semester's work in these two days preceding the exam but in all, I feel good about my performance. I know my mistakes but I also had fun in writing the essay section. At this point, I think my brain is at full capacity and cannot take any more studying tonight. I shall continue studying tomorrow, beginning with Narciso's take-home exam for Monday and then study for the Arts of Japan and India which take place Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. This is the beginning of the end for this semester and I hope I can carry this energy and enthusiasm into next week.

After the exam, I went out with Stephanie and Sita to the Oakcrest Tavern to drink away any worries.
All who know me know I'm crazy. I think dignity was the first to go and sanity may soon follow....

Pat-a cake Pat-a cake, baker's man,
Bake me a cake as fast as you can;
Pat it and prick it, and mark it with a T,
Put it in the oven for Teddy and me.


If only life were as simple as nursery rhyme, alas, we all must return to adult life and such rigors.

Cup by the Sotades Painter: Glaukos and Polyeidos in a tomb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home