Thursday, December 23, 2004

Closed for the Holidays

Since yesterday afternoon, I am all done with exams. I went to Kendo practice afterwards and got there just as Travis had already left. Apparently no one showed up for practice so I worked on technique alone and then I swept the floor before closing up. Practice resumes on January 2.

After a shower, I went out to dinner with Steph and Sita at Benvenuto's in Fitchburg. It was my first time eating there but I had a great time since they let us draw on the paper overlaying the table cloth.

For drinks, we stopped by the Oakcrest Tavern to find that it's been sold to new owners who want to call it Lucky's. They will no longer have Karaoke nor the Wednesday night long island specials. This will surely be missed.

While there, I ran into Terrance from work. He's new and I only know him because he had asked me a Macintosh question once before. After talking to him, I found that he's a collector of weapons and studying Aikido. When our UW Kendo Club had a Kendo demonstration in the Great Hall Memorial Union, he was there.

Later, I went to pick up Kelly and Jenny to hang out for a few drinks and we all had a great time. By bar time, Jenny was hungary for something so we tried Taco John's but it's a weeknight and they had closed, however, Ian's Pizza is always open late and it made for good late night food.

Once the night came to an end, I went to bed to some of the best rest I've had in weeks. Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I have to make sure that all gifts are procured by then.

burr...it's cold outside.

Utagawa Kuniyoshi: Illustrated Biography of a High Priest: Snow at Tsukahara in Sado

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home