Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A Closet Case

I spent most of the day around the house getting things back in order. First, my dad's iRobot Roomba decided to break away from its programming and just go in endless circles before shutting itself down. Great...grr...had to spend time with tech support and then finally getting a replacement.

The next thing on my list was to clean my room. I must've spent over 2 hours cleaning out the closet alone. It was in such disarray that I had to come up with a new scheme. Instead of just randomly hanging things up in the closet, I devised a system of modular color-hanger sections.

I began with white hangers for all summer/year-round clothes, dark blue for all fall/winter clothes, light blue for jackets/coats, and lastly gray for all pants and jeans. Once the clothes were hung up in their proper modules, I began to break down the sections into shirts, pressed shirts, polos, sweat shirts, sweaters, slacks, and jeans. With this level of oraganization, I went further to organize each category of clothes into colors by solids and patterns and then from light to dark.

In this new system, I can take out whole sections of clothes by color modules for storage in hot and cold months as well as pick out what type of shirt I want by color. For me, this was quite an undertaking in closet organization and I hope to stick to the new scheme.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 1 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 1

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Ando Hiroshige: Koi

A Haiku by Xiao Fei

Aimlessly feeding.
Not a care in the whole world
if you are a koi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home