Friday, June 17, 2005

Almost Surf and Turf

At midday I had just enough energy to go shopping and run errands with Diana. Later in the day she planned to attend a service for a friend and I offered the afternoon distraction. Trevor, a classmate who was involved in a boating accident, had recently passed away. I can see how it has an impact for the students of Madison East after having just started their summer vacation. At seventeen years old mortality, when it's close, is quite a realization.

When I returned home I started to slowly get back into a workout. The wrist feels better so I must return to Kendo practice. Also, I am anxious to get back out on the water for some sailing. Tonight I would make sure to meet Stephanie for the much hyped Surf and Turf dinner. Not sure where we could get the combo course, we agreed on Fitch's Chophouse in Fitchburg because of the excellent steak choices. Indeed, the steak was delicious. Unfortunately, they no longer offered a Surf and Turf meal so we improvised with seafood sides.

Plans for a real Surf and Turf are in the works...

After dinner we swung by the Union Terrace for the Hoofer Scuba social. I met some great fun-loving people and invited them to an upcoming Wingsday.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.
-Steve Jobs

You've got to find what you love.
Speech | Audio | Video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home