Sunday, January 02, 2005

Dinner at Outback Steakhouse

After leaving Country Kitchen yesterday I was able to get a short nap in before heading into work on New Year's night. Road conditions were terrible. There was freezing rain and that developed into a thin layer of slick ice all over the road. Cars could not stop for lights and I did an ice doughnut while pulling into the parking lot at work. Restaurants closed early because of the weather and Brent and I had to look for a place still open to order our dinner for the night. After some calling around, the Vientiane Palace was closing when I spoke to Crystal about getting in one last order. Since it was a fairly slow work night, I began planning ahead for the year using iCal, a Macintosh calendar program, on the FeiBook.

Tonight, I got a SMS Text from Sita and Steph about going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Since I was thoroughly hungary after a workout, I accepted and was going to pick up Shana on the way, however, due to emergency circumstances she was not able to go. I'd imagined that the Badgers playing in the Outback Bowl on New Year's day was the propellant to eat there and it was definitely a satisfying meal. We met Max and Mollie there and it was good to see them again. After dinner, I stopped by to visit David to find out that he's got a cold and didn't seem all too interested in going out. Besides, he had to move to his new room upstairs. On another note, it doesn't appear that James is back yet so we can assume he's still having a good time in NYC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home