Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day FeiShakes

My day began when my alarm clock decided not to wake me up. No bother, I quickly showered before rushing to class. CRAP! When I got to class, I remembered that the reason I set an alarm was to wake up early to finish a reading response assignment. Throughout lecture I sit quietly in the back, hoping I won't be drawn into discussion. Of course, I was called upon to comment on the Marvels of Roman antiquity.

After a good lesson in humility, I gathered my things for Kendo practice. Already in a bad mood, I can now feel a cold running through my body. I'm low on energy and breathing comes in the form of conscious effort. My nose has an undetermined mind to run quickly or stuff up, leaving me questioning.

For practice, we began with a light round of kata. Once we began our kendo practice, the whole shortness of breath thing caught up with me. Unwavering, I fought to my last ounce of strength and finally collapsing to the floor when we took a break. With the tournament in less than a week, we all took rounds of shiai where we practice our kendo play for points. I actually won a match.

Returning home, I literally crawled up the stairs to the main door. Dropping off my possessions in the room, I got ready to shower. The alarm clock goes off. Great. :(

Feeling better after a good cleaning, I stepped out to Copps Food Center to stock up on groceries. On sale again were Progresso soups of all varieties. For a good source of Vitamin C to get over this cold, I picked up several containers of Tropicana orange juice, not from concentrate. For my own dinner, I bought an assorted package of grocery store sushi that included rolls of shrimp, tuna, salmon, and eel. With low expectations, the arrangement turned out surprisingly good. To top off my [un]-pleasant Valentine's Day, I came up with the perfect recipe for strawberry milkshake.

Recipe for Strawberry FeiShakes

1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
1 cup of milk
2/3 cup of orange juice
1 1/2 cup of lemon sherbert
1 cup of ice

That's about the extent of my Valentine's Day. Although I don't regret it, I can't help to remember where I was a year ago. Where will I be a year from now?

Tonight I found a suitable chain for my ying-yang necklace and wore it for first time.

Balance.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 1 | Friends: 1

Progresso Soup and Tropicana Orange Juice

It's impossible to grasp just how powerful love is.
It can sustain us through trying times
or motivate us to make extraordinary sacrifices.
It can force decent men to commit the darkest deeds
or compel ordinary women to search for hidden truths.
And long after we're gone, love remains--burned into our memories.

We all search for love.
But some of us,
after we found it,
wish we hadn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home