Friday, April 29, 2005

Hoofer Sailing Kickoff

Thursday night, I dropped by Trip Commons for the annual kickoff meeting of the Hoofer Sailing Club. The gathering was a great success with over 300 people in attendance. Anyone who came was given a raffle ticket for the drawing of a free membership and a 14' sail boat. I recognized many of the club regulars and fleet captains including my instructors from last summer, Michelle and Kat.

After paying my dues, I went outside to the union terrace. Apart from the few drinking under the moonlight, it was a wholly somber scene. As I made my way to the boardwalk, I could feel the cool frolic of a lake breeze while gentle waves washed up along the shore. The lakefront was inadequately lit with little going on and even less for passer-by's.

In the short walk to the boathouse, a strange sensation came over me. In the weeks past, this place was a barren of activity and in weeks coming, it will be a furor. Only a year ago, I had one of the best summers on this lake and so much has changed sinced. I felt at the moment an uncertainty of the now and for the summer months. It's an attitude I don't care much for in moving ahead. About the only thing certain is a new sailing season has begun.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

Hoofers Boathouse

"The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary."
-Ashleigh Brilliant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home