Monday, April 25, 2005

Sunday Morning at Sophia's

Coming into the weekend, a rain had brought in cool weather to Madison. What's fascinating about rain is what such an uncontrollable action could possibly mean to you and me. Let's face it, rain has been a force of nature since the dawn of our planet and has literally carved out the landscape of time. For some people it's a ruined day and others, nature nurturing its own. For me, this simple act is a cleansing of sorts leaving old thoughts for the new. It's refreshing how a storm comes through and in the days following, a bright potential.

Sunday morning had such promise. I had awaken to the invitation of a Sunday breakfast. Diana had left only the hour before on the way to the first basketball tournament of her summer league. The house felt rather empty as I set out for the door. A new week had set in with little effort.

I met Stephanie and Sita before noon on the way out to Madison's East side. In a small cafe on E. Johnson Street was the charming Sophia's Bakery and Cafe, opened to visitors for the weekend. Between the coffee, juice, and eggs was the atmosphere of friendly gathering and the affectionate appetite. I got to know my friends a little better between bites and returned the favor of my own story. And as with such traditions, I traded business cards with Steph. When I made my way to pick up the check, the friendly staff had already put us on a first name basis. The dining experience was simply perfect.

After noon had passed, I had made the decision to not go back to bed though it had been on my mind. With hours before work, I spent the day shopping with my friends. I don't usually go out to shop much and it was fun to get out. At Kohl's department store, I bought myself a new belt to replace the old cincture. In the watch and jewelry section...hmmm...let's just say I had the breast of shopping experiences. Ha!

Passing the time at Old Navy, I checked in with my sister on the progress of the tourney. The team had fought their way to the Championship Game. Unfortunately, with work only a few hours within leisure's grasp, I could not attend. I would later discover that her team took 2nd place to a loss but it's no disappointment--I would have liked to have gone to the game.

I came into work to cover a few early hours of Jenica's shift. As a delightful dessert to an already great day, Newbie had come in and had for us the newest episode of Family Guy, a week before its debut broadcast. The guys and I sat around and laughed at the silly shenanigans in its celebrated return to television.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Sunday Madison Morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home