Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Snowboarding at Cascade Mountain

Gray skies and early this morning, I packed up my stuff and left to pick up Shana for snowboarding. We swang by David's to find that Matt is really sick and is dropping out for the trip. Instead, John is going to join us for a day of snowboarding at Cascade Mountain. It was my first time snowboarding and Shana was quite helpful in teaching me the ropes. After a few runs (and stumbles) down the bunny hill, I kinda got a feel for it and went down the other runs with David and Shana. Although I have so much more work to do on the fundamentals of snowboarding, I got a good feel for turning, slowing, and stopping. It was an incredibly fun day.

Once we got back into Madison, I stopped at Shana's for a cup of tea before heading home. Later, I called Stephanie to check the status of the weather as is expected a big winter snowstorm is running a rampage throughout the midwest. She's going to Honduras to visit Zack and I'm driving her to O'Hare International Airport. I must get a nap in before the long and possibly dangerous drive through the storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home