Friday, February 25, 2005

Imperial Garden with Kiyota Sensei

I love how the Green Team family covers each others' back. I was scheduled to work last night but thanks to Greg and Brock, I had most of my shift covered so that I could go out to dinner with the UW Kendo Club.

We had our celebratory tournament dinner at the Imperial Garden in Middleton and I brought along Kelly and David as my guests. It was a good time to socialize outside the dojo, celebrate our achievements in the Kendo promotional exam and enjoy dinner with Kiyota Sensei. As usual, Sensei asks if Kelly is my wife. Another humorous tidbit is that tonight was my first time exchanging business cards with Kiyota Sensei as is the customary Japanese tradition. This is also the last dinner with Tei as a member of our UW Kendo Club as he prepares to move to Detroit for work.

Of course no dinner is complete without drinks as David, Kelly, and I tried their specialty drinks including the Singapore Sling and the Jade Monkey.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 2 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Imperial Garden with Kiyota Sensei

It was natural for a warrior to be rebuked for not taking respectable care of his sword. Likewise, human beings must be urged to cultivate an attitude of polishing themselves and achieve tempering from facing hardships. The warrior aspirant incapable of such disciplined evolution will never become an exceptional sword.
-Masaaki Hatsumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home