Thursday, February 17, 2005

Sushi: Edible Art

At work the Green Team decided to give Edo Japanese Restaurant another try. They usually come up pretty good in meal preparation and are decently priced. We pooled our money together and ordered from an assortment of sushi rolls to share. We partook in trying out the Oshinko Roll (a Japanese pickled roll), the Seaweed Salad Roll, the Tokyo Roll (packed with salmon, tuna, and yellowtail) along with regulars such as the Tekka Maki (a tuna roll), and an order of the Avocado Roll. In this arrangement, the sushi order was sorted in a beautiful display and it truly was edible art.

For some of us, like Newbie, it was the first time eating sushi. After a first dip into a soy sauce/wasabi mixture, the piece of raw fish, wrapped in seaweed and rice, left his mouth as quick as it had entered.

I finally feel like I'm getting over the cold although strength in my body is a bit sapped. I have one more practice on Friday and then leave later in the night for the Detroit tournament, arriving Saturday for my ikkyu test. I will admit that the fear of failing had crossed my mind but now, there is only anxiousness and excitement.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 1 | Energy: 1 | Friends: 2

Edible Art

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home