Sunday, February 27, 2005

Lesson with Kiyota Sensei

I went shopping with my little sister Diana yesterday at East Towne Mall. Although I was not looking for anything in particular, I enjoyed looking around Barnes & Noble and found Kiyota Sensei's Shambhala Guide to Kendo. I didn't buy this version of the book but instead I elected to purchase Dan Brown's Deception Point and Digital Fortress.

Work was pretty slow last night. I spent hours voice chatting in iChat with Alice on her new iBook. At some point I was just casually listening in the background as she was watching the movie Rounders.

Leaving work, I got a call from Steph about meeting up at Genna's. She had already been out with Max and Mollie earlier in the night. I stayed for a few drinks and a shot but I had to take off early so I could get some rest for today's Hot Topics meeting at DoIT. As the meeting got out, I met up with my cousin Chi to show her how to backup DVD movies using DVD Shrink.

Heading into Kendo practice, I quickly got dressed and went upstairs to gather Kiyota Sensei's bogu and shinai. When he arrived Mark and I were just in the middle of a warm-up. After a quick kirikaeshi, Sensei called me in for a round of jikeiko (sparring). Before we began, he leaned over to tell me that he thought I moved fairly fast and wanted me to keep up the speed and form as I attacked. I did so of course and missed my hits on several occasions because Kiyota Sensei is so quick. He taught me a few new attacks and then had me do some in-fighting with him. I thanked him for the good lesson and hope to get another chance in the future.

Once I was showered up and decent, I took Laura out for dinner at the Edo Japanese Restaurant before heading into work. I was not scheduled to work tonight but I'm covering for Metzger who has an exam tomorrow. It's Green Team, we're family.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 2 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home