Saturday, May 21, 2005

Recharged

In the first waking moments, I glanced outside to find the sun shining. I showered quickly and got down to the lake. Brock was already there so we took out a Tech so that I could teach him a thing or two about sailing. I took us past the mooring field in the direction of Picnic Point. Once Brock got his sea legs, I put him in control. Most importantly, I taught him about the wind clock, sail position, and how to sail tight in. He has a lesson tomorrow to get his Tech rating so this was all in good exercise.

The day was absolutely beautiful. There were few clouds in an otherwise clear blue sky. One could not ask for any better. Winds came out of the East-Northeast at 9 mph.

Once out of the water, I had to rush to Kendo practice. Eric worked basic drills with me to regain my stepping, distance and attack. With missing so much practice, I had regained old habits like projecting movement.

In weeks past I had grown weak. I will not stand for weakness. I needed the practice and I'm glad Eric had worked with me from the beginning to improve my Kendo. There is just no more room for the weak. Out! Out! All the energy today came out of the sun and I was recharged.

After practice, I quickly showered before heading back down to the lakefront for the Hoofer Sailing Social. It was fun. I met several new members and we shared sailing stories over dinner. I had not felt this surge of energy in so long. By sunset, a most beautiful scene unfolded on the horizon. The glistening waves took form by reflection of the setting sun.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

Fei and Brock at Hoofer Sailing Social

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home