Monday, May 09, 2005

A Mother's Day Dinner

For Mother's Day, Diana and I planned out a simple dinner for our mum. In years past, I had always found myself busy with a final exam. This year, I was free to spend time with the family.

The menu for tonight consisted of a seasoned long grained rice dish with a side of veggies and the main course of either chili-lime or cajun style chicken. I had bought a white wine with an orange hint to complement the meal but you know, my mom just isn't a fan of wine. Instead I substituted a round of FeiShakes, a drink for all to enjoy. For dessert, we prepared a humble serving of sherbet/ice cream flanked by thin slices of pound cake.

In preparing the table, my sister and I made a nifty center piece for display. It's basically a wired frame that held pictures of us, young and old. Once again, a simple gesture but it was the fun in seeing it come to life.

Happy Mother's Day!

There's plenty to be said of my mother, a wealth of stories. Some are encouraging and others funny but it's the later that I enjoy telling.

While new house hunting, we picked up a real estate agent, Jim. A handsome man in his mid-thirties with a new Oldsmobile Alero and one of the top sellers in his office. My mom loved this realtor because he was funny, charming and equally excited to get us into a new home.

My mom of course asks him about his new car. He says it's a great car. He purchased it because he and his wife are going through a seperation and it's time for him to start anew. He mentioned something about his wife just not being the right one. I'm not sure exactly if that's what he said because my mom interrupts and asks "Why don't you marry Chinese girl? They never trouble and never divorce."

At the time, I wasn't sure who was more embarrassed, myself or Jim. All I really remember is that satisfied smirk only my mom could make.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 2

Mother's Day Display

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home