Sunday, June 26, 2005

Pirate's Day

Early Friday, Diana and I shopped for a Pirate costume. With a few hours before work, I stopped by the lake for a little windsurfing. Frequent gusts of wind reaching 17 mph got my board planing. At times I was overpowered by the sail and went into the water to cool off. The Madison humidity is making for quite a hot summer.

After sixteen hours of work, I went home tired. I got about four hours of sleep before rushing to the lake for Pirate's Day. Once all us scallywags met up, Jessica split us up into teams. I, Guybrush Threepwood, became a bandit for the Rum Suckers. Our flagship was a sloop but I got paired with Lieutenant Dan in a tech. Our first clue sent us after the J-boat Spray. We caught sight of the ship out toward James Madison Park and chased after it. The scurvy dogs aboard caught us with an attack of water-balloons but we escaped with the second clue. Blimey!

Clue after clue sent us out all over the lake. To get one clue, I was sent to swim after a ship that had recently sunk. At the end of it, all ships were directed to attack Commodore Mike on an isle way out in the lake. The island was really just a pier they dragged out the night before, a fun floating hangout to drink and socialize.

Michelle, the Captain of the Pillage People, led her team to victory by finding the treasure--a large ammunition chest of chocolate coins. With the treasure hunt over, water battles fought and won, it was time to return all ships to pier. What followed was a grand cook out and club sponsored kegs of beer. I had just the most incredible time.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 2

Pirate's Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home