Monday, July 25, 2005

Commodore's Cup '05 Techs versus Windsurfers

I wasn't feeling well at all when I woke up today. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the weather, but perhaps the junk food that I've been consuming. Most likely, it's the strain from hours of back to back shifts at work. On Saturday, following an overnight shift the night prior, I got about 4 hours of sleep before returning for an unprecedented 20 hour shift. Anyways, energy levels were not where they should be.

When I finally got up and about, I started to clear the clutter from my desk. Mail, papers, and to-do tasks littered my computer area and I did things one by one until most of the important things were handled. Then I systematically made myself input all the tasks for the week in my iCal program so that I could have some organization in my life once again.

By early evening, my body started to fill with positive energy so I went to the lake for tonight's Commodore's Cup event. A rain had just passed the area and it was nice enough to go out for the Tech versus Windsurfing race. My team, the Fantastic 420 is in a position that we're out of contention for the Commodore's Cup but in a good spot to take the Half Fast Trophy for middle place. In the windsurfing competition, our Captain Michelle took first in many of the races but because style matters, even she lost out to her rival Laura who had sailed topless the whole time.

After the race, everyone came back in as storms trailed the fringes of the lake. Thunder boomed from the distance as many lightning strikes hit ground around the surrounding area. Expecting rain, the party was moved to inside the tunnel where food and beer were inclusive in the Cup's entrance fee. It's going to be a long fun week of racing in style and social parties along the lake. I can't wait for the karaoke competition!

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 2 | Energy: 1 | Friends: 3

Commodore's Cup '05 Techs versus Windsurfers

Unwell by Matchbox Twenty

All day staring at the ceiling
Making friends with shadows on my wall
All night hearing voices telling me
That I should get some sleep
Because tomorrow might be good for something

Hold on
Feeling like I’m headed for a breakdown
And I don’t know why

But I’m not crazy, I’m just a little unwell
I know right now you can’t tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you’ll see
A different side of me
I’m not crazy, I’m just a little impaired
I know right now you don’t care
But soon enough you’re gonna think of me
And how I used to be...me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home