Saturday, July 16, 2005

Naginata Workshop

I had a great time hanging out with Steph at the social last night. Perhaps I had too much fun because this morning of the Naginata workshop, I'm feeling a little hung over. I get to the NAT as the seminar had already begun and I warm up on my own. I then find myself jumping into the thick of things as I'm quickly swinging around the lengthy Naginata weapon. The two Guest Sensei from California and Colorado correct me since I missed the introduction to this martial art.

Today was incredibly hot. We take several breaks as we work hours on end learning how to strike and block. Before noon, we stop and head out for lunch at Wasabi Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar. The group decides there's no time to change so we're walking around in our Hakama Gi in public and of all days, it's Maxwell Street Days. It's very hot and there's lots of people on State Street. I bet many of them are wondering "hey, who are these guys?" At the Mimosa stand, I say hello to Sita's mom. After the short break, it's back to several more hours of Naginata training.

At the end of our training, we take the Guest Sensei out for dinner at Imperial Garden. I asked Stephanie and Sita to come along for dinner and to meet Kiyota Sensei. We had a family style dinner as each of us ordered and shared around our dishes. I am glad to have finally had the chance to formally introduce Sensei to Stephanie. These two amazing people have been quite the influence in my life and I'm a better person because of them.

Naginata Dinner
Gallery

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Naginata Workshop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home