Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sarah Skipper

On Saturday, I slept in until noon. There's been so much stuff going on all week that I needed to catch up on sleep. Once I was finally up, I left for the Memorial Union to meet up with Sarah and her mom for some day sailing.

Today, I would play the role of instructor as I took them out on a Badger Sloop and went over the basics of sailing. I covered the parts of the boat and positions on the windclock as I took a course out to and beyond Picnic Point. It turned out to be a leisurely cruise as winds were almost light-to-none. I let Sarah take over the helm several times and she did a great job as the skipper.

Andy was taking out his students for the crazy windsurfing techniques class and we saw many of them tumble as they tried trick after trick. Another of his students got caught way downwind and drifted too far off. He had to be rescued. On the way in, the wind died to a calm which meant I had plenty of space to mount a good but slow landing. I unrigged the Sloop and the three of us parted.

As I went inside to get some ice cream, I heard my name called. It was Metzger yelling from the Terrace. He was hanging out to some Terrace ska music with Caitlin and her friend Rose. Apparently, they had seen me sailing earlier from afar while they themselves were canoing. I had half a drink with them before going into an overnight shift for work.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Sarah Skipper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home