Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Beyond Loyalty

It's getting colder already, I can feel it in my bones. Today was mostly cloudy with moments of sunlight just slipping through. I slept in pretty late. I didn't accomplish much so I'll have to see about what I can still get done in what's left of the day.

Tonight was Diana's first volleyball game of the season so Dad and I dropped by East High to cheer her on. She plays varsity ball with some of her friends I recognize from all their years of growing up together. After losing the first two games, the East Purgolders make a comeback to win the last three and thus taking the big win. Though there were moments of excitement in the game, I felt a bit more of nostalgia for being back in my old school.

Heading downtown I stopped in at the house of Kiyota Sensei. This is already my second day back of helping him with his computer troubles. You see, he had lost one of his chapters in his book-in-progress and I was trying to find a way to recover it. After a few tries I was finally able to get it back. I'm going to come up with a solution for him so that weekly backups are made to ensure that he doesn't lose anything else.

Upon leaving, he thanks me of course and goes into the kitchen to give me a bag of cucumbers and plump tomatoes freshly picked from his garden. Then he reaches for a book from his table and hands me a copy of Beyond Loyalty: the Story of a Kibei. He humbly says it's nothing special but I know it is the personal favorite of all his writings.
Inside the cover is dedicated:

August 23, 2005

For my friend,
Fei Xiao

With abiding respect,
Minoru Kiyota

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 2 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home