Thursday, March 17, 2005

Spring Break '05 | Day 1

I had been up all night finalizing things before my trip. Laundry was done, taxes completed, and my bag was packed to capacity. As I crammed my pack full, I watched Pixar's The Incredibles on DVD. When all was done, my dad drove me downtown to pick up Dustin on the way to the Memorial Union. The Van Galder bus to O'Hare left at its scheduled time and I was on my way to Italy.

The tickets that I had booked with Orbitz left us with little information. I had assumed that our flight left out of Terminal 5 where other international destinations were departing. Instead, we took the tram to Terminal 2, the home of American Airlines. Apparently SN Brussels Airlines which were printed on the tickets were hosted by AA to connect us to the rest of Europe.

The flight was physically tiring as with all long flights but my weary excitement made for an endurable passage. The in-flight dinner and movie was nothing spectacular with a serving of warm chicken pasta and a dish of the Princess Diaries 2 on the small screen. About an American girl who finds herself a newly named Princess of Genoa, the sequel did not have the same surprising cuteness as its predecessor. Nonetheless, it had helped pass the time and soon enough it was time to land in Brussels, Belgium.

Trip-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 1 | Friends: 1

Spring Break '05 | Day 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home