Thursday, July 28, 2005

Commodore's Cup '05 Ultimate Karaoke

Today, I had my midterm for class so I'm pretty tired from studying through the night. I feel as though I did well because I recognized almost all the terms and ideas tested. After class, I went home for a much needed nap. I would forego the day's sailing competition in favor of Kendo practice. We've got the Midwest Kendo Federation tournament coming up and an email was sent out about training early.

Many of the UW Kendo Club members showed up and we had a great practice. I think with so many people training, it boosted my own commitment and I felt like I made good strides in my Kendo play.

I got cleaned up after practice and went directly to the lake front. Most everybody had gone already for the night's event. I ran into Rui down by the boathouse and we talked a bit of windsurfing and using the harness. Of course there was the occasional inquiry about Wingsday. Once I left him, I drove over to Union South where the bowling competition had already started.

While there were no professional bowlers amongst the club, a few of the teams pulled ahead in points. Since it's Commodore's Cup and style matters, it was declared that after a certain frame, an article of clothing had to be shed before throwing the ball. In short, there was a lot of nakedness, all done in the spirit of competition, entertainment and amusement.

Before long, the Union was about to close its doors so the HSC hits up the Stadium Bar for a little volleyball and karaoke. David and Julie meet me there before my duet with Michelle and Kat. Another great night.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 1 | Friends: 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home