Sunday, July 03, 2005

Last Day of Championships

On the second day of competition, the jittery nerves had subsided and all the competitors had calmed for the team competitions. Again, the California team dominated the event and took home all the first place prizes.

During some downtime, I took a stroll through the area where vendors were selling their wares. These shops sold shinai, bogu and other merchandise. I bought a tenugui (a head wrap cloth) that commemorated the 2005 10th Memorial All United States Kendo Championships--a souvenir of the event since it takes place every three years. I also bought an expensive Hasegawa Carbon Shinai because I brake too many of the bamboo ones. I purchased it from the vendor Eguchi USA who let you draw for prizes when making a large purchase. Of the many trinkets that could be won, I luckily drew a prized shinai bag valued at over $50.

Happy birthday me from the fine folks at Eguchi.

At the tournament's end, the All US Kendo Federation hosted the closing ceremonies with awarding the medals and then a closing speech. Before breaking up, most people took group pictures and then parted ways.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

All US Kendo Championships 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home