Sunday, December 11, 2005

New Beginnings

As usual, I take my Sundays as the fresh start of a new week. This week, however, marked a number of new beginnings. First of all, I am more than excited to announce that our bid on the Drake Street house was accepted. Come the beginning of the new year, David and I will be co-owners of our very first home on campus.

010606

This morning we had a professional building inspector run through the entirety of the house looking for structural defects and possible building code violations. I am happy to report that everything seems sound with the exception of the fireplace needing upkeep. Otherwise, the next step calls for some TLC and maintenance that is required to bring charm to the place.

My dad came along for the inspection and was impressed by what we've done so far. Later Stephanie dropped by for her own look and she seems equally enthusiastic with the prospect.

With the inspection over by midday, David and I drove by Julie's so that he would show me her new puppy. Her name is Lucy and she's a 7 week old golden retriever--adorable doesn't even come close to describing the pup. I had the chance to play around with Lucy and even take her outside to conduct her business. For a puppy she was so well behaved and just adorably tiny and I know she'll never be this size again.

David, Julie and new Puppy Lucy

After putting the puppy to sleep, it was time for me to get to my next appointment. Today was an important meeting of my new business venture, Tech Buddies (name pending). All of us who have signed on for the project met at the Red Oak Grill at Union South for a little lunch and business talks. I provided the guys with some brain food, Ian's Pizza, and the ideas just flowed. Everyone involved was so excited to start something new. It is a challenge for each and everyone and unlike some other jobs, we can only get as much as we put in. Opening day for Tech Buddies is slated for the beginning of the next school term.

011506

With all these things going on I can't help but be a bit scared. The near future holds quite the gamble and the toss of the die is the difference between failure and success. But I am grounded again by all that is around me. Whether it's a new puppy starting out in the world or contributing with a friend and brother to a sizable investment, or even beginning a new venture with colleagues that I trust with every ounce of my fiber--I find comfort in it all. These next steps into the unknown...it's daunting yes, but I take them confidently, knowing well who I've got behind me.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

Fei holding Lucy

Overkill by Colin Hay

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know I'll be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FEI post the rest of the puppy pics

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home