Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Day of Thanks

The time of year has come again for family gathering and Thanksgiving. This year, my family and I had a Thanksgiving lunch at my Aunt and Uncle's new house in Sun Prairie. All the extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins that could make the trip had come. A buffet line spread of traditional Thanksgiving meals to varieties of Chinese dishes made an appearance and dissappeared soon after. It's crazy you know to see how much my cousins have grown. Even the youngest is now up to my shoulder's height and attending high school. Then there's the oldest who is engaged and ready to start another life.

After lunch, I stopped home to gather my things before running into work. I'm working this holiday with Peter because someone's got to keep the Help Desk running. I don't mind much since Green Team is in a big way my other family.

Let me tell you about these guys...

Several years ago, my grandfather in China had passed away and my parents rushed to get on the next plane. My sister and I stayed behind so we would not miss any school. At the time I was living in my new apartment downtown so Diana went to stay with relatives. I didn't know many people then with the exception of my two roommates. They returned home to their families for Thanksgiving break so I decided that I would work the holiday. Little did I know that several Green Teamers would also not be returning to their families and the few who were in town invited all of us over for lunch before work.

I was incredibily thankful to be welcomed in when it was I who most needed a family then. I made a call to my sister and wished her a Happy Thanksgiving and after eating, the few of us went to work that night. It was a bonding experience and it opened my eyes to the caring nature of this Green Team. I have since touted the line when teamwork is involved and I remember every time how we've been there for each other.

Now I've spent Thanksgiving with my actual family and I still remember to thank the fortunes that gave me the chance to meet the great people of the Green. I thank my parents and sister who have not given up on me. And I'm most thankful for the friends whom I've met along the way in these past years. You have defined my life in more ways than you can ever know.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

Thanksgiving '05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home