Monday, November 07, 2005

Wingsday '05 Unidentified Frying Object

I spent the better part of Monday morning recovering from the weekend tournament. Though I very much enjoy Kendo, it sure takes a lot out of me. By late afternoon I tossed the idea around about going to practice when I know not many people will show up. I go anyways and worked on the basics of striking and footwork with a couple of club newbies. There's no better way to prepare for the next test than to begin my training now. Because I was the senior student (sempai) I led the class in practice.

After practice I drop in to help Kiyota Sensei with the last edits of his book manuscript. I take my scanner so that we can put in the images where were once placeholders. I'm hoping I can do my best to help him meet his January deadline.

Once I left Sensei's house I stopped in at Lucky's Bar to meet the small group already assembled for Wingsday. There was Dr. Wings (Mik), Sarah, Scott, Steirs, and a newcomer, Genevieve. A pre-wings was ordered early on and we all dug in. Genevieve was pretty serious about her wings and threw around the slogan "We're not f@#king around here!" thus earning her nickname Rookie.

When Steph and Smiley arrived, another large order was put in and we were faithfully served by our new waitress Jackie. She seemed a bit puzzled yet perhaps equally excited to have us and become part of the Wingsday tradition. David and Julie dropped in followed by Mongo (Dan). Though Justin and Meghan sat in, they didn't participate in the wings. Since no Wingsday is without Neck Piece (Chen) and Skim Milk (Kristin) we put in more orders as they came to boost tonight's numbers. As for a surprise show, Stephen came by with some friends and introduced them to our little Wingsday group. In the end 160 wings were added to the tally, just 5 short of 4500.

The night was rather excessive but sedate if not demure, being the first Wingsday Night in so long a time. Nonetheless it was a fun gathering. Now I'm not sure if it was the numerous amount of wings or if there was just something in the air, but there sure was a good amount of weird looking pieces of chicken--be it neck pieces or some, as Kristin put it, "they look like pork ribs." Thankfully we have Chen to thank for finishing them up. Ah yes, another wing craving has subsided.

Wingsday '05 Unidentified Frying Object
Chart | Gallery

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

Wingsday '05 Unidentified Frying Object

when asked about Wingsday...

"We're not f@#king around here!"
-Rookie Genevieve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home