Saturday, January 08, 2005

Uno after Dinner

Leaving work last night, I decided to go out but was not able to get ahold of Sita and I did not know what bar they decided on. I remember Shana saying something about a Cafe (_)...but I didn't recall exactly what she said. So instead, Kelly had called about going out somewhere with Alice and I eventually met up with them at the Angelic Brewing Company. I stayed for only a drink before taking Alice back to Kelly's as it appeared that she had one too many and had traversed the line between being awake and asleep.

With a goodnight's sleep, I got up fairly early to organize things around the house. I had to get to work at some point and had to get dressed for dinner at Laura and Trevor's house per invitation. Dress casual I thought to myself or otherwise you'll feel awkward and casually dressed I did. Brent had come in to fill in for my shift and I owe him big...like Jade Garden dinner-on-me big.

Funny story. On the way there, I was talking to Shana and as we approached the house, she mentioned something about coming around left and I recklessly plunged into the snow in their front yard, thinking it was the way up the driveway. In my defense, it was dark. So here we were only a few yards away from the driveway and I had to back my way out of the snow ditch and finally with success.

At dinner, Laura had made us a nice salad spred followed by a course of pasta and chicken fingers baked with corn flakes. The dinner was superb and we downed it with the organic wine that I had received as a gift the day before. Shana made tiramisu with a pineapple flavor top that was all so excellent. We finished the dinner with a friendly card game of Uno and I returned to work shortly thereafter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home