Monday, September 12, 2005

Power Drain

With the school year in full swing, I've got less and less time to jot down my thoughts. Ironically, Powered by Fei is running low on power. Time to recharge....

After a short day of class, I strolled down to the Union for a little lunch. The Hoofers Boathouse is closed now on both Mondays and Tuesdays so I won't be getting out on the water at the beginning of the week, but it's not like I've got all the time in the world anyways. Summer's carefree has been replaced by a methodic schedule of school, work, and Kendo. I've barely been able to keep up.

With this new school year, several new students have signed up for our UW Kendo Club. Like me, a few come from other martial arts backgrounds. In them, I see my own progressions in the Art of the Sword. I remember coming in swinging like there's no tomorrow. Now it's my turn to help out these new guys get a firm footing and proper training. There's also talk that I might be testing for my shodan (blackbelt) in early November.

Once I showered up I drove over to the Nitty Gritty for a stop visit and to say Happy Birthday to Jenica's friend and roommate, Sarah. Of course, most all the Toy Kids came and we got to hang out a bit before my departure. For me it's home, some reading for class, and hopefully there's time for sleep before tomorrow comes around.

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Sarah's Birthday '05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home