Saturday, October 22, 2005

Haunted Wisconsin

I woke up Friday much refreshed. Class just flew by and I felt comfortable loaning a few of the art books Sensei had given me to Prof. Phillips for viewing. Leaving the museum I headed directly to DoIT to cover a short shift so that I could take the night off. Again, work just flew by.

With half the day gone I went home to work out. I finished up a last few details for tonight's trip to a Haunted Cornmaze in West Bend. With my work behind me I met up with Amber at the Memorial Union where we attended the Wisconsin fireworks that were celebrating Homecoming. We stood about as close as I've ever been to where the firing happens and both her and I got drenched with ash and debris. It wasn't terrible so we stayed put to enjoy the spectacular light show before running out for some food.

For dinner, I introduced Amber to Mediterranean Cafe as we took our meals to go, eventually situating ourselves in Library Mall. Our supper went by in the casual atmosphere of the University square where skaters performed tricks and the church group sang in chorus. The two of us did little more than sit, eat, and converse. Once we finished up with dinner we headed back to the Union to warm up with some hot cocoa while waiting for Tyler, Brock and friends.

The way up to West Bend seemed fairly simple but alas, I had gotten us lost several times until ultimately asking for directions. We came upon the MeadowBrooks Haunted Cornfield at a pretty late hour and waited our turn to enter the maze. The lengthy journey through the tall stalks of corn in the darkness was quite entertaining. I was even startled a few times by the dark creatures which jumped out of nowhere. The impression I got was everyone had a great time.

Now that the evening was over, I rushed back to Madison so that I would entertain my dear friend Stephanie whose birthday gathering I was already late for. I swore that I would make it back and I did so to catch the tail end of the party. Mostly, I was just glad to see her and be there to tell her Happy Birthday!

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

Haunted Wisconsin

Stephanie,

Today, I wish you a Happy Birthday!
Haven't seen much of you as of late,
Things are amiss.

Hope all is well, see you I insist,
Of course you are worth the wait.
Your friend forever and always, Fei.

Happy Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home