Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Catching up over Dinner

Though Tuesdays can be crazy at times, the nights tend to be my time off to relax from the regular hustle of the week. Weeks ago, I had planned to have dinner with Stephanie to catch up on all the things that have passed by in the world--a reunion of sorts to ask my friend "Hey, how are ya?"

It seems that no matter how hard I try to be on time for things, something always impedes my ability to do so. On my way out the door I get a call about a computer case that I took on as a side project and that I'm reminded to pick up after dinner. Oh bother, I'm late but as usual Steph understands. I meet up with Stephanie at her work and we walk down to Rubin's where Shana had invited us to a gala opening for a local artist. His works were interesting though I have to admit that I don't know much about modern art. Nonetheless, the wine and sushi were delightful accomplices to art and our budding appetites.

On Julie's recommendation I suggest we try dinner at the Mystic Grill on Old Sauk Road but it's getting late and we can always plan that for another night. From the gala opening we take a short walk and decide to have our dinner at the Natt Spil on King Street. Incidently, this small establishment is where all us Rockstars met up after returning from the Vegas.

Dinner was pretty good and exceeded my expectations but tonight was more than simple replenishment. What I needed was to catch up with my good friend and find out how things are. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and indeed, life is on track--all the hopes I had for her at the beginning of the year. Of anyone I know, she deserves this and it's about time that karma brings good returns.

I miss our conversations and regret having lost touch for so long. We should most certainly do this again, if not for my sake and having someone I can confide in. There are many things in this world that are uncertain and clouded by doubt but my trust in Steph is clear.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 2 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Steph and I at the Natt Spil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home