Monday, October 10, 2005

Book Manuscript Accepted

Waking up in the afternoon feels pretty crummy. Though I might have slept in a bit, it feels like I've wasted much of the day. At Kendo practice, the unease and slowness did not fair well for my performance was rather slipshod and hindered by sluggishness. I was yelled at by Mark ceaselessly and didn't improve much. The only thing that kept me going was that Kiyota Sensei had invited a select few of us to dinner after practice.

Sensei had invited me, Mark, Travis, and Eric for a get-together at Imperial Garden in celebration of having his book manuscript accepted for publishing. We were allowed one guest so I invited Amber to join me. I wanted to give her the opportunity to meet Sensei in person. I've spoken lots about Kiyota Sensei and it's true how he's had an impact in my life.

The dinner conversation was fairly light with Sensei wanting to know more about Amber. Among these subjects were what's her course of study, where's Pardeeville, and what's in her future. She had mentioned a possible application for studying abroad in Australia. That's great. When the food finally came, it was amusing to teach Pardeeville Amber how to use chopsticks. After several tries, she grasped the concept yet needs patience and practice--the same can be said of Kendo. LOL!

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 1 | Friends: 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home