Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye Year 2005

After some rest on the comforts of my hotel bed I get up to change into some nicer clothes. The three of us head out again into the city to look for a hotspot of New Year’s Eve celebrations. Though we find a bar early on, it was not as happening as I had hoped. Other bars were charging a steep cover fee so we just avoided them. Not finding anything that was particularly appealing we try the path to the Commons again. Just up a block was the Beantown Pub where there was no line and no cover charge. Despite what you may think the place was packed. We find a nifty recession in the back where party goers were playing pool and we sit down to some drinks.

My third surprise of the day had to have been my noticing of Brian from TV’s Average Joe: Hawaii. Brian, a semi-celebrity of the reality TV show, was the runner up for winning the heart of the girl and I now remember how he is from Boston. I started talking to a few girls at the bar and sent them his way to confirm my suspicions. I talk to him a bit later and I joked around about his appearance on the show.

Up until this time there were only three of us. Then Melissa’s friend Fahmi comes by after work and then there were four. Dustin and I continue to drink into the fleeting moments of 2005. When the seconds counted down I welcomed 2006 with kisses and celebratory congrats to all for a New Year had come.

After all of this, my memory gets a little hazy. I remember walking around again until coming upon Pete’s Pub for another round of drinks. Then just nearby was a convenience store with a small sit down counter where people had lined up to get late night food. I started talking to a couple whom had suggested that I have not lived until I tried the steak bomb. Of course they were quite right and I ended up with the best Philly steak sandwich this side of Philadelphia. I remember welcoming the New Year with an order of chicken wings for the train ride back but I made a point to share them with others on the way. The night had come to an end and with it another year.

Goodbye 2005.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 3 | Friends: 3

New Year's Eve 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home