Thursday, September 29, 2005

Studying the Admonitions Scroll

Last night at Kendo practice I filled out all the necessary forms for me to test in November for shodan. It's been a long journey getting here. I've gone through a lot of ups and downs but I've stuck with it and now in a year's time, I'm preparing for the next step.

I am knee deep in school work. Help! :-(

In class we've been looking at the development of character portraits in Chinese art. In looking at the Admonitions Scroll attributed to the artist Gu Kaizi, I assisted Prof. Murray in creating a simple comparisons website for looking at later versions for differences and style development.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 2

The Admonitions of the Instructress to the Court Ladies

The Admonitions of the Instructress to the Court Ladies
Song Dynasty version
artist: unknown
location: Palace Museum Beijing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home