Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Birthday Dinner for Coral

Tuesday came with barely a break in the day. I had classes from morning until late afternoon and then some time for a late snack. After a battery of Art History classes, the evening brought with it some software training that's going to help me land a new job. Tonight's agenda was going to cover the use of Custom Style Sheets or otherwise known as CSS. It's used for the design of modern, professional-looking websites. Beyond the aesthetic value, CSS is great for implementing accessibility options (for blind users, etc.) which are quite inherent in today's business standards.

Since leaving the house this morning, I've been either seated or moving about from class to class. At the end of my two hour software training, I had to get up and move on again to arrive fashionably late for Coral's Birthday dinner at Casa de Lara. The birthday girl had turned twenty-two and I got her a little Japanese frog charm (kaeru) to keep in her purse. In the Japanese culture, kaeru is the word for frog but also means to return, thus by keeping this charm close by, the owner can ensure a safe journey as well as money and fortune returning to her.

The rest of the usual crew was there for the dinner including David, Kelly, and Julie. I only stayed for the dinner and did not go out to spend the night with the group. It's been far too long a day and I need some rest, nonetheless, I still wish Coral a very Happy Birthday!

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Coral's Birthday '05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home