Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rustic Beauty

I went to the SWAP Shop with Brent on Friday morning followed by a light day of class. Getting out early I picked up David and met up with Alice for a burger at Dotty Dumplings Dowry.

The weekend was fairly uneventful. I picked up a new client for my computer consulting job that I do in my spare time. The couple that I work for is very nice and just wanted some guidance with a Macintosh setup.

On Sunday I stopped by Jack's house out in Stoughton to assist in re-setting up his wireless network. This was accomplished by using a pair of wireless bridges to connect his basement internet entry point to an access point in his garage. The task at hand was to erect an outdoor antenna to bridge the link between his house and a distant neighbor. The setup was quite successful and I ended up having dinner with his family. Since coming to college, Jack has been like a father or a big brother to me. He hired me onto Green Team and is a big factor for me staying on until there's a suitable replacement. Anyways, I couldn't turn my back on the team any more than they could.

I left his house as the sun was beginning to slide off into the horizon. On the drive back, a warm feeling overwhelmed me as I looked into the sky to see the trickle of the sun's light beam and dance on the tan stalks of corn adorning the country road. There were few cars present and even less people out for the evening. Until now I had not felt the season's change. The blues and greens of the summer months had been replaced by the browns and oranges of autumn's grace. The fall signals an impending winter dissolution. Still, I welcome change.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home