Friday, January 13, 2006

Godspeed Green Team

My last day of work for the DoIT Help Desk, Green Team
--

There use to be a tradition on Green Team that when one leaves, he
sends out his final goodbye. As many of you have noticed on this
term's schedule, I will not be alongside you on this next leg.

This is my turn to say goodbye.

Please note that I'm not abandoning the team or jumping ship at this
time where in fact my decision to leave has been a great
contemplation. And with such considerable resolves, I tell you now
that it is my time to leave.

I want to spend this final time with you talking about what Green
Team has meant for me. Above all, it is about working together to
accomplish a goal. Quite simply, we solve computer problems. We did
all of this for our peers and colleagues and we have done this like
no other. All of you have been like family to me in this endeavor
and I cannot thank you enough for working with me.

One more thing...

There was a time when I took on a leadership role on this team and I
want to tell you what I learned in the process. Any and all success
that you achieve here must not go distinguished alone. Your
achievements will be greatest when you share that success with the
team. And as a leader, your victories or failures lay in your
capacity to communicate and share the vision for success.
Leadership does not entail being high and mighty and she should never
be afraid to get her hands dirty. I hope that I have shown you that
I’m not afraid to do some work around here and that when the time
comes I’m ready to take on any challenge—I see this in all of you. I
cannot be any more proud.

So it’s goodbyes and kind regards.
My best wishes for you in your academic and professional careers.
Godspeed Green Team.

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 2 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home