Sunday, January 15, 2006

Tech Buddies Go Live

I had declared a month ago that Tech Buddies would go live today. Though I hadn't expected everything to fall into place, I am quite content on the progress that we have made. As of today I expected us ready to take customers and in a way, we are ready. The real next task at hand is the big marketing push. The website wasn't quite ready yet so the marketing gets pushed back. Just as well though--I would rather have us do it right from the get go.

This morning, however, I would not have us make it a big work day. For starters, we had no customers yet. My decision to meet at Mickey's Dairy Barn for a breakfast kickoff was more for sentiment and a hearty meal. I was just glad to have the guys together to talk about our new start on life, a new venture. I believe that this start has good potential. Together we can make it great.

What we did here today was to fall in line with a history of technology pioneers. Amongst the most known are Michael Dell who built custom computers in his dorm room, Bill Gates who dropped out of Harvard to pursue programming for the Altair, and Steve Jobs who built the first personal computer out of his parent's garage with his friend Woz. From these humble beginnings grew Dell Computers, Microsoft, and Apple.

I don't expect us to be greats or even known to such capacities. My only expectations from here on out are simple. I expect us to commit fully in every aspect both professionally and personally. In the process, I believe we can discover ourselves and make our own futures and fortunes. Today we start anew.

Today, Tech Buddies Go Live!

Fei-O-Meter
Activity: 3 | Energy: 2 | Friends: 3

Kevin and I at Mickey's Dairy Barn

Waiting for my Real Life to Begin by Colin Hay

Any minute now, my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
I'll stand on the bow, feel the waves come crashing
Come crashing down down down, on me

And you say, be still my love
Open up your heart
Let the light shine in
But don't you understand
I already have a plan
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home